Sunday 18 February 2007

Who am I?

My name is Stephen Brown and I am a Presidential candidate in the upcoming ICU sabbatical elections. I am a final year maths student and during my four years at Imperial I have been involved with the Union on several levels. This year I have served as RAG Chair which gave me responsibility for coordinating our charitable activities. In previous years I have been a member of several societies including the Football Club, the Finance Society and have been a Pimlico Connection volunteer where I helped with teaching in a local school via one of Imperial’s outreach programmes.
However it has not been the experience of being a Union Officer or club member that has given me the greatest insight in to the workings of our Union and how it could be made better. For the past two years I have been a member of Felix’s sub-editorial team both as Sports Editor and Comment & Opinion (commonly known as “general ranting”) Editor. I have spent a great deal of time researching and reporting on the Union, what it does wrong and what it does right. Naturally I have formed extensive views of the Union during this period and now request that you give me the opportunity to make your Union better.
Below is an extended manifesto. I appreciate that it is long and hence I have broken it down into smaller chunks under various sub-headings if you want to jump to the part that is most relevant to your concerns. If you have any questions regarding my plans either email me at stephen.brown@imperial.ac.uk or come along and ask me directly at the hustings which take place on Monday evening at 7.30 in the UDH or Thursday lunchtime in the JCR. Voting opens on Friday 18th February at midnight and closes the following Tuesday. Vote “Stephen Brown for President” at www.imperialcollegeunion.org/vote.

No comments: